Class Politics Reverse Mainsheet

Kurt

I've got a question about a rigging idea and how the rules would treat it.
Sometimes on a long downwind leg in light air it gets hard to hold the boom out for long period of time. Would my fellow competitors be likely to complain if in a small local fleet I wanted to experiment in our regular weekly races with a single line or a block and tackle of knots and rope sheeted from the boom forward to the bow eye to hold the boom out?

100% outside the rules...but if all your fleet members don't mind??? Have at it; Take a bunch of photos; Have everybody who sees it evaluate the system; Try the system and have everyone share his or herview. Then write an article for the newsletter and the website and include lots of photos. Maybe you will revolutionalize the game. and if you design and patent the system, you may also make a huge hunk of change on the sales of the systems.

Or

You could work on honing your boat handling skills so that you can not only keep the boom out in light air but sail really fast as a result of the balance you impart on the helm by properly positioning your bosy, the boat, and the sail.

what i do if if really light, is take it out of the ratchet block and put the line around the mast so it pulls it out. i never do this in races but it helps if you're out and the wind is dead while youre trying to get back into the harbor.

also putting it past 90 is easy to do, so just do that

Back