Return to laser after 5 years

darknight

SO i returned to the full rig after 5 years of not sailing dinghies. Sailed mostly J-24s, lightenings, Beneteau 7.5 firsts etc. 5 years ago just as i was about to get competitive in the boat college work and a few injuries etc took over. Im finally getting back to it. im sailing the laser full rig. im about 5ft9 inches at 80 kilos....a getting fitter and back into it 80 kilos...not yet all muscle. sailed the boat twice already...onc ein some major chop...Runs are ok....Reaches are still screaming...hehe...fun....but im getting totally buggered on teh Beats...block to block is just killing me. I dont know whether its just getting used to the hiking again(yes, i am wearing hikers), or wat, or maybe setting up the boat, of course cunningham full tite to keep the wrinkles out. I can handle a boat, no issues, but sometimes i feel i maybe a bit short. Maybe its just the beating i took on day 2, not sure, but i knwo i need some words of advice, and help here..boat settings, is there any any positive in not sialing block to block upwind and a few words on the Run, where i tend to find myself a bit lost.
would appreciate it, thanks

Back