Restore Help

Thread starter #1
I am currently restoring a 90's capri 14.2 I recently bought, and near the cockpit there are two holes on each side of the boat near the cockpit. I looked at a diagram of the boat fully rigged on this page, and there appears to a support for the hiking straps at this point. I was wondering if anyone knows what that rope is called and/or what type of material it is so I can replace it. Also, I was wondering if there are caps or if there is some sort of rubber cap surrounding these ropes.