replica plastic daggerboard

meech

Wonder if anyone has bought and used Intensity Sails replica plastic daggerboard? Is it same construction and weight as manufacturer version?

There haven't been any responses in a week or so. This probably reflects the fact that this replica board is quite new. In other words, I doubt that there have been many sales. I also think that the market is rather small because the 'plastic fantastic' daggerboard is a racer's item and racers want the class legal board for the 'serious' events. On the other hand, I can see that a racer might want to practice with a less expensive board. As a matter of fact, I have repeatedly damaged my 'race' board by hitting underwater objects.
But let me make a suggestion: call or write Intensity Sails and ask Jim Myers the same questions as you formulated in your post. Please let us know the response.

www.intensitysails.com
[email protected]

I also think that the market is rather small because the 'plastic fantastic' daggerboard is a racer's item
Considering Intensity's replica daggerboard price tag is less than an OEM wood Barrington style daggerboard, is there a problem with recreational sailors enjoying the additional performance and stability the plastic fantastic design provides? . . . granted it isn't quite as rugged.

Our board is balsa cored and 2 piece FRP build. That means that the edges are bonded and much stronger as a result. Great for use as a frostbite or practice board and save the race board for class events or as a recreational replacement with better performance than the older smaller wood boards of the past.

Considering Intensity's replica daggerboard price tag is less than an OEM wood Barrington style daggerboard, is there a problem with recreational sailors enjoying the additional performance and stability the plastic fantastic design provides? . . . granted it isn't quite as rugged.

I agree that the Intensity Sails replica version deserves consideration by all Sunfishers contemplating a new board.

Back