Repairing Seitech Dolly

So I'm trying to repair a Seitech dolly that broke a few weeks ago. All three rear brackets are cracked up. I'm considering just using some sheet aluminum or steel as gussets and bolting it back together. Gouv even suggested making a kit and selling it. We'll see about that.

I need to know the angle of the rear supports, or the measurements inner to inner at the top and bottom of the supports so I can put them in the right place. Would someone with a Seitech dolly handy kindly measure this for me?

TIA.

I've had the same problem, I think you can probably bolt it back together with some aluminum and bolts

If you've got a local machine shop they could probably weld it, I found a local guy that welded an aluminum fitting on my car, he did an amazing job for under $20

I'd guess it would cost $30-60 for a machine shop to weld the dolly together or fabricate a part to fix it

Someone got me the angle. 110*. I bought 6 pieces of 3x3" 1/8" hot rolled steel today for $15. Only $4 for the material, but I wanted it cut because I'm lazy and my time is valuable. Gonna bolt it up and see what happens. If it works I'll paint the pieces something cool (red probably) and take it to the lake to put back together.

Well, I screwed that up quickly. Despite having brought my boat home on the club dolly so I'd have something to look at, I put the first section together wrong. Not sure it's a problem though. Instead of laying the axle tube on top of the center tube and joining it, I butted them up. So the axle tube is now slightly lower and slightly farther back (1.5" lower and farther back, to be precise). Not sure this is necessarily a bad thing though. Should still fit fine on my Right On trailer I think. Boat won't know the difference. I assume the only reason they did it the other way is because it was easier to make a cheap piece of plastic that would do this.

The other problem is that the axle angle supports also contain the tube for the axle. I forgot that part. Just purchased two HD axle brackets, shipped for $58. In stock. Not terrible. Still saved myself the $40 of the T-bracket. Oh well. I'll stick with electrical and computers. Should've known an electrical engineer and a drill are a dangerous combo.

Back