Removing daggerboard stopper

Laughing_Jakal

I was going to shoot my board down with a fresh shot of paint. I would rather remove the blue plastic stopper than paint around it. I was having trouble determining how to remove it. There seems to be an insert in the middle that looks like it may cover a bolt head....I can't get it out...what's the trick?

:confused:

You would need to drill it out. It's probably not worth it. The stopper is two (or three) plastic pieces that you tap together with a hammer to make a single piece.

You can tap it out. I used a large nail set and and hammer. You can use anything that is of smaller diameter then the rubber outer piece.
Cleared a space below for the pin to fall out. Example, two lumber 4x4's. I recommend heating up the rubber to loosen it up but be careful not to burn it.

The one on my current Laser seems to like to come apart. Its a great way to paint them. Take that stopper out and stick a small 1/4" dowel thru the hole. Use some wire to connect the ends of the dowel above the board. Hang it off of a ceiling and you can paint the hole board easily.

Back