Removing 5200 from mast step

HookEm

I put an aluminum disc in my mast step using 5200. However, I used a bit much and because it was clear I did not notice for 2 days, but now I see some on top of the aluminum disc. Anyone done this? How hard is it to get out? Any suggestions?

If I could get it loose, I'm sure I could use my shop vac. I've also considered putting sticky sand paper on the bottom of the mast and spinning it to sand it off.

A way better mast step solution is to put a pringles cap that is cut to size in. I carry several in my sail bag and just check to see every time I rig if it needs one.

Actually don't loose them very often even though my boat gets turned up side down every week, and it trailers home just fine.

A way better mast step solution is to put a pringles cap that is cut to size in. I carry several in my sail bag and just check to see every time I rig if it needs one.

Actually don't loose them very often even though my boat gets turned up side down every week, and it trailers home just fine.

how well does that work for you? how long does it last?

I took one of those foam sanding blocks and cut it to the size of the mast step hole, then I mounted it to a long strip of wood with a nail in the end. I put this in my cordless drill and sanded the bottom of the tube smooth. Worked great!

Back