Regattas 2021??

Hi All... i was hoping to get some more information, contact info for ANYONE who knows of NY state regattas that will have a start for Sunfish... please if you do, reply to this message/can be public/ please post the Name of the regatta, the location, date, contact and any other information... the regattas do not have to be class sanctioned... I will advertise the regattas on the class and facebook page, too... thank you!

lee montes
NYS Sunfish Class Rep

Lee (and all),

The Willow Bank Yacht Club in Cazenovia, NY will host the annual Jack Rutz Memorial One-Day Sunfish Regatta on beautiful Cazenovia Lake on Saturday, July 24, 2021.

-Skippers Meeting: 10:00 AM
-First race 10:30 AM
-5 short races, low point scoring, usually off the lake by 1:30 - 2:00 PM
-$20 entrance includes post racing lunch
-Trophies for top 3 finishers
-Free camping if you want to arrive Friday evening

Contact person: Alan Glos, Sunfish Fleet Captain and Regatta Chair. (315) 655-8396 or (315) 247-1811 (Cell) [email protected]

COVID-19 protocols (if any) to be determined and compliant with New York State guidelines/mandates

Lee: Also please post this information on the Sunfish Class regatta list. Thanks!

Alan Glos
Cazenovia,NY

The Willow Bank Yacht Club in Cazenovia, NY will host the annual Jack Rutz Memorial One-Day Sunfish Regatta on beautiful Cazenovia Lake on Saturday, July 24, 2021.
Man, that's a solid 8-hr drive from SE Michigan... but on the other hand, I could take a slight detour en route and sail my Sunfish on Lake Ontario - crossing that final Great Lake off my list....

That sounds like an excellent idea. You should start at Hamilton and sail across to Oswego and then it's a short drive down to Casenovia. If you start now, you might make it in time :D.

Reactions: tag

Back