Refinishing all Wood

scotts180

Time to refinish all the wood on my Sunfish. What does everyone use to seal the wood against the water?

thanks in advance!

Scott

Time to refinish all the wood on my Sunfish. What does everyone use to seal the wood against the water?

thanks in advance!

Scott
Poly Fiber Aircraft Coatings makes a 2 part urethane. The system will cost you $100.00, but you'll never need to do it again. Think about your time stripping & sanding. Why not apply the best?

Poly Fiber Aircraft Coatings makes a 2 part urethane. The system will cost you $100.00, but you'll never need to do it again. Think about your time stripping & sanding. Why not apply the best?

i hear you, but to be honest i kind of like it, different years different wood color stain lol:p
personally my 1000s layers of hellsman have held good and not to expensive 20 bucks can gives you a lot of wood to cover

Varnish on top of epoxy , the varnish is just for appearance.

Epoxy seals the wood extremely well.

The varnish/linseed/mineral spirits mix in the thread I linked from another site uses mineral spirits and linseed oil to get varnish to soak deep into the wood. If the grain is filled with hardened varnish it can't absorb water.
No water... no rot.

Back