Recommendation for new jib

Down_Stream11

After searching hi and low for a good used jib, I've decided to purchase a new one. Can anyone recommend a source for where I could purchase a reasonably priced jib for my 14.2? Thank you!

C14 Jib

I would highly recommend SLO sail and canvas. They made a great new jib for me and it was reasonably prices. You can look them up on the internet.

I bought all new Neil Pryde sails this year. Great price! They are not "class sails" but are cut identically just without the windows. I can give you a reps name if you need. Scott

Price?

I know I could call them directly, but could you share what a complete set of sails cost you? My sails (original from 1990 or so, I think) are pretty stretched out and I'm wondering if it would be cost effective to have then recut rather than just buy new.

Has anyone had success with just recutting the sails? If so, were you happy with the results?

Thanks!

I paid less than $500. I can't remember exactly but figured I was only getting one sail as opposed to main and jib given the price. I trust Neil Pryde and the rep Johnny Smith. I race with him on a Beneteau 36.7 (not his) and our skipper is in to his 2nd set of sails on that boat from Johnny. We kick butt regularly and have done VERY well in 3 offshore regattas on the East Coast this year. Johnny's email is [email protected]. If you want a quote, tell him I told you about him. I have been very pleased, especially given the price. Quantum, North, etc., are about twice as much.
Best of Luck,
Scott
~~~~_/)~~~~

Back