Recommendation for fiberglass repair...

trist007

My strap eye holding one end of my hiking strap came out of the rear within my cockpit. I have decided to use 2 strap eyes so that I get 4 screws holding the hiking strap. My question is. what should I use to fill in the previous two holes? Marine Tex or a fiberglass repair kit?

-Tristan

My strap eye holding one end of my hiking strap came out of the rear within my cockpit. I have decided to use 2 strap eyes so that I get 4 screws holding the hiking strap. My question is. what should I use to fill in the previous two holes? Marine Tex or a fiberglass repair kit?

-Tristan
Marine Tex is perfect for that.

My strap eye holding one end of my hiking strap came out of the rear within my cockpit. I have decided to use 2 strap eyes so that I get 4 screws holding the hiking strap. My question is. what should I use to fill in the previous two holes? Marine Tex or a fiberglass repair kit?-Tristan

I plan to install a strap eye with bolts when I repair my fractured keel. (But don't have a hiking strap yet).

In inches, what is the correct/largest strap I might encounter?

A thru bolt? How do you access the back side of the rear cockpit? Install a rear inspection port on the aft part of the deck?

-Tristan

You can through bolt though lip of the compartment in the back. Masthead Hiking Strap Fastener Kit for Sunfish

picsunfish203b.jpg

Back