Recent Outages

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
Dear Users of The Laser Forum,
I would like to take a moment to apologize for the extended outage we had yesterday, March 9, 2006. Over the last week or two, the server that hosts this forum and the Sailing Forums Network has been under attack. A security vulnerability was exploited to the fullest extent possible by vicious hackers attempting to take down our server and use it to attack other web hosts. Over the last few days the web host, my associate Janet Rupert, and myself have worked tirelessly to keep the site online as much as possible. Unfortunately, yesterday, our only option was to take the server completely offline and clean the corrupted files and install a newer and safer version of the software that was allowing the hackers into our system. I would like to thank you all very much for your continued support of the forum and I look forward to providing this great service to the Laser sailing community for many years to come!

Best regards,
Bradley Green
Sailing Forums Network
[email protected]

Hi Bradley,

Thanks alot for your effort in keeping alive this forum. Really apprecipate the hard work given by you and your team mates.

Without you all, this forum would not have continued...

cheers

Back