Rebuilding Old Sunfish Need Metal Bailer Cover Plug Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I am rebuilding an old sunfish and need to have the Automatic Bailer Cockpit Cap Cover Plug. I have contacted Sunfish and they said that they don't have these anymore and were used in pre-1973 models. Can anyone help me locate one? Picture is attached.

Thank you in advance

bailer.JPG

signal charlie

Staff member
Good luck. If you don't get that one maybe our parts sellers here have one. And when you do get it, Sunfish recommended putting vaseline on it once a month so it doesn't seize.

On this subject....does anyone has a supplier for the plastic ball inside the bailer. I need a couple, plus I always end up loosing one. I dont really need it as I seldom open the bailer while sailing, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks

Mike

Thread starter #8
Good luck. If you don't get that one maybe our parts sellers here have one. And when you do get it, Sunfish recommended putting vaseline on it once a month so it doesn't seize.

Ack.. I lost the bid on this bailer!!! These things seems to be in high demand.. I really need the metal bailer for a sunfish (Antique One).. Anyone else have one that they are willing to part with and or know where I can find one.. I contacted Sunfish and they only sell the plastic ones..

Thank you all in advance, and should one come up in ebay I will try not to lose this again..

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.