Rebedding Jib Cars

juanelhuero

Hi everyone.

I need to replace the cams in my jib cars on my Mod 1. I removed the track, got some harken 150s and am on my way.

But how do you think I should rebed the tracks? If I use silicone to seal won't the excess be hard to clean out well enough to not impede the cars on the track?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. And thanks for all the great info over the years.

Hi

I've had mine off about 4 times now and used good 'ole household silicone sealant each time I re-installed. It was not hard to meter the amount so that there was minimal squeeze out, and it's pretty soft stuff so that I could easily remove any that got in the way. The area beneath the t-track rail is hard to get to but not inaccessible. I also found that the seal remained pretty strong after about a year, and that it took some serious scrubbing with a green pad to get the leftovers off.

Previous posts I researched here included the recommendation that at least one screw be kept in so that the backing plate would not fall down, but on my 1987 mod one it proved unnecessary. Probably a good idea, tho, just in case.

Good luck with it.

Back