Random comments and one-liners

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ross B

[ADMIN NOTE: This thread is a place for the safe keeping of all random one liners, and off topic comments.]

I would hate to have to look at that while sailing, and read it and decide what to do, you kind of just have to know, but if it works for you, rock on

Re: Chart for in laser (cunningham etc)?...

Ross ... i know you've been here far longer than i have .. but in the week i have been here and the numerous forums post i have read ... you always manage to have a useless remark.. rude ... remark about everything ..... yes you do say some great stuff to .... but please ... try and be constructive .....

Oh nooooooooo. Once again the powers-that-be are trying to impose order and sanity on the great unwashed anarchic mass of Laser sailors. The whole beauty of this forum is that threads can drift away from the original topic through the wonders of free association of ideas as we hop from rhombuses to bearded Brits to sexism to the glue on sail numbers. Just like a real conversation. When you go for a beer after sailing you don't suddenly jump up and shout, "We were discussing Rule 42. How dare you change the subject to the best hiking pants for ooching?" We don't need no official administrator. And since when was "idiot proof" an insult? It's a compliment to the designer of a gizmo that's so simple that anyone can make it work. It's not an insult to idiots because no member of this forum is an idiot otherwise they wouldn't be interested in Laser sailing. And what's so terrible about "foul language". If I want to tell a joke about why the chicken tacked from port to starboard or mention that foul word "gooseneck" I will do. This class is being run too much by the mommies. Let's get some kids to run it instead. I propose Ross for Official Administrator. Vote for Ross for Official Administrator. Vote early. Vote often. There's a cutoff at 150 votes.

This is an empty post and has been moved to an empty thread.

Re: Merrily returns as Official Administrator

Old Geezer, maybe you should change your name to Oh Jeez. :rolleyes: I think your kind of fowl language is fine on the forum. FYI, my being here is in response to multiple complaints.

Old Geezer, maybe you should change your name to Oh Jeez. :rolleyes: I think your kind of fowl language is fine on the forum. FYI, my being here is in response to multiple complaints.

Multiple complaints? Who? When? Why? What about? Name names. Enquiring minds demand to know. Let's use Rule 69.

Is someone complaining about my fowl language? Gooseneck. Duck that starboard tacker. Chicken wings on the barbie. Royal Turkey Yacht Club. There.

I am not Fred Schroth and I approve this message.

This is an empty post and has been moved to a empty thread.

Thanks, Mike!

Who stoved the stem on the bollard? The UnFred? Send him on over to one of those repair threads.

I am deeply offended. Our new official "official administrator" is using fowl language like Bollards. Who's going to administrate the administrator?

Re: Rhombus?

I'll add my two cents worth to this already very long thread.

I sail in high school sailing and other all junior events. I realize that teenagers act differently than adults, however, I have been called some pretty negative names, such as honey, princess, and little girl. It is more common to hear these names at more important regattas, since some people are feeling pressured. If women are required to have a rhombus on their sail at these higher level regattas, it will only encourage more negative comments directed at females from their already stressed male competitors.

Sweetie Pie,

What are you squealing about?

Now I think :

Rhombi should be glued and sewn on or they should not be counted as properly attached.

Oh yeah. And since the smaller women seem to dump over so often..The Rhombi should be painted on the centerboards as well.

We want ten pages!!!

or am I just pulling your legs???

The subject of this thread is:

Merrily returns as Official Administrator

This is PROOF IDIOT BIRDbrains post here.

Note use of both fowl language and the wordsIdiot proof. I should get extra points. Who is keeping score anyway...Shevy?? Visit: www.drlaser.org

I am not an official administrator since August 1, 2002.
I am not Merry sailing my the lee,
and this is not Christmas

The subject of this thread is:

This is PROOF IDIOT BIRDbrains post here.

Note use of both fowl language and the wordsIdiot proof. I should get extra points. Who is keeping score anyway...Shevy?? Visit: www.drlaser.org

I am not an official administrator since August 1, 2002.
I am not Merry sailing my the lee,
and this is not Christmas

Gouvernail, I'm guessing that you are so overwhelmingly thrilled at my return, that you have become incoherent. Wait...

'Idiot proof' is an insult? Holy Moses! What next? No blasphemy?

If I ever make it to an American Laser meet, I'll be the one biting his lip with tears running down his face when I hear you all talking in polite high Queens English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back