Quitting lasering, selling the voodoo

If anyone IS interested in the possibility of buying a D-zero, I'm currently seriously considering importing one from Europe, and shipping is a lot cheaper if there are two or more boats... contact chuck*dot*linn$at$gmail.com (note I'm not a dealer, merely a sailor looking to import a boat and looking at container sharing, etc.

I hate computers!!!!:( My computer shows a total knockdown... Hope you get the stick pointed skyward before launching the boat.:p

I totally understand. I spent a lot of years flying a Stearman airplane but recently (at 79) my reflexes are just getting too slow just as is my mind - what little is left of it. If I loose concentration for a couple of seconds during landing I have spent a hundred K or so and hopefully not killed anyone. If I loose concentration in the Capri for a couple of seconds I get dumped in the drink or yelled at by the other boat I almost hit. I don't wish to be young again but there times when I get tired of being so stinking old, tired and sore and still stupid! Oh - bother...

Just curious after sailing last night and flipped 6 times, my arms and shoulders are killing me. Why will that boat be less stress on your body.. love the boat.

The major advantage that the newer designs have (besides the flat deck) are depowering rigs. The combination of a very flexible mast and a square topped fully battened mainsail lessons the hiking necessary to keep the boat flat and fast. You can control the shape by adjusting the twist with the full battens and you can also bowstring the mast. Bowstinging is when you pull hard enough on the downhaul to put the mast into compression, which increases rake, etc.

The square top lays off to leeward as the gust onslaught begins. Not as much vang sheeting is required upwind.

Back