Questions Regarding Installing New Sail

Can it go around like this. It won’t fit through the...holes...whatever the metal things are called.
8E8F6959-5227-4D90-ABF3-3E2FCED1B311.jpeg

Are you hanging off a cliff in a Sunfish? No. Tie the knot. Put Super Glue on it if that makes you feel better, like Alan does on the dyneema sail ties. And then he goes racing.

Or go find a zip tie.

Good point. Ok, last thing (year right), how close to the interlocking eye bolts should the tack be? If I tighten up this square know it’s mashed into them. That can’t be right, right?

The Hatchet Hitch would also work.

Hatchet Hitch.JPG

Or the Will Knot.

Bill Knot.jpg

Back to being serious though, there is not a significant load on the tack of the sail.

Woof. That’s a lot of Greek. Well, I was hoping to finally get something done on this project tonight but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I think it’s time to put everything away and reevaluate whether this is all worthwhile. I’ll revisit the whole thing in a few weeks and see if I still feel like I want to proceed. Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Some people just aren’t cut out for this.

Thats it...stick with it. Take a short break and come back to it. Dont let it whip you. I've been there with some things. Come back, it all falls together and move forward.

Back