Question about the Blue Stopper

Eric_R

Does everyone have the same problem about it comming off? I finally lost one and superglued it on so i don't have the same thing happen. l use that stopper more then my handle. Any thoughts?

No, I do not have this problem at all. In fact I tried to get it off once but as hard as I tried it wouldn't budge. There are these ridges in the stopper that connect when the two parts of the stopper are put together, so if yours is coming off, that could mean these ridges have been worn down. I would suggest taking it off and loocking at it and possibly getting another.

My new one was a pain to take apart. Its superglued on the centerboard now. Up at Nationals, tons of people bought them since they kept falling off.

I epoxied mine together and after 3 months it had come off again. Should we explore the possibility of a through-bolt to hold it together. Surely this could be classed as "preventative maintenance" under class rules?

Huh? From what I gather, youre talking about a stopper that stops the centerboard sliding out the bottom of the boat, yes?

Well in that case, you must do things differently in america, because in the UK instead we have funny plastic clip-thingy that is in two parts and clips through a hole in the top of the board, If youre having problems, I assume that this is still legal in the US.

If You're talking about something completely different, ignore me and carry on!;)

Yep the blue stopper for the centerboard. The thing is that there are treads so it looks like you can screw it in, but it won't its such a pain to push in. It keeps falling off and there has to be some way to keep it on without super glueing or expoying it on.

I just pound mine togeather firmly with a rubber mallet, but that might be my over-glamourized American violent nature showing through.

knowing that this is completely against class rules: i have friends who purposefully take out their blue stopper becuase its faster (more centerboard depth = more tracking (word?)). either that or it fell out and so they've convinced themselves of this.
they've never been called on this though- not even at cork or nationals.

kendall

Hi Kendall,

I left you a private message. You can check it out by clicking on "Your control panel" at the top right of you screen. :)

Back