Quality of mid to late 90's Sunfish?

AJC6882

Does anyone know anything about build quality in the mid to late 90's Sunfish boats. I found one that I'm interested in and want to make sure there were no major problems in those years. I know Pearson built boats were very inconsistent in the build quality and I don't want a boat that is going to have any problems.

Does anyone know anything about build quality in the mid to late 90's Sunfish boats. I found one that I'm interested in and want to make sure there were no major problems in those years. I know Pearson built boats were very inconsistent in the build quality and I don't want a boat that is going to have any problems.
According to TSF's Knowledge Base, Pearson built the Sunfish from Dec of 1988 to July of 1991.
http://kb.sunfishforum.com/images/history/timeline.pdf

What's the Hull ID # ?

Weigh the hull to see if it might be under-built. Published weight was 129 lb. Under 120 lb. would be suspicious..., however, compromising conditions like leaks and water logging could mask deficiencies in construction. Your hands-on survey will be the only way to fully evaluate.

Back