"Pulley System"?

Ditoro4

Hello - My daughter has a old Phantom 14 and is looking for a "Pulley System" to add to it so its easier for her to sail (she sails Opti's, Sunfish and Lasers that all have the "Pulley" system) - she is asking Santa for xmas and Santa doesnt know where to get them or what to even get.... Any elves able to help?

Location South Jersey or on the line please.

Hello - My daughter has a old Phantom 14 and is looking for a "Pulley System" to add to it so its easier for her to sail (she sails Opti's, Sunfish and Lasers that all have the "Pulley" system) - she is asking Santa for xmas and Santa doesnt know where to get them or what to even get.... Any elves able to help?

Location South Jersey or on the line please.
It would be helpful to have a picture of the current setup on her Phantom

This girl should be much more specific about what she wants before anyone can help her - "pulley systems" (blocks & rope) are used on boats to control just about anything.

But as the Phantom 14 looks like a Sunfish copy down to the details, we're most likely talking about the sheeting system. If her boat has in the front end of the cockpit just a hook, or a fairlead+cleat for the sheet, and she wants the system to be like on a Laser, then all she wants for Christmas is...

A ratchet block.

Plus something with which to attach it to the hull. A standup spring would be nice, too. And a new bright rope itself!

But this is speculation until we get more information.

Thank you both for replying - this is helpful. I will get more specifics from her - but you seem right on with what she wants. Here is a picture of the current setup (not her actual boat but same set up) - I think she just wants it to be easier to raise the sail and also control the main sheet (plus looking at this picture I think she rigged hers wrong with prob. was half her problem - she is 11 and of course knows everything.... ).

phantom7.jpg

yes - 100%.... thats exactly how it looks and I think maybe all she wants is what you suggested - a Ratchet Block...

Back