proud father

ylojelo

My 12 yr old daughter solo'd in the Sunfish for the first time this weekend (while I tooled around on the jetski). She took a class on a j-24 a few weeks ago and went out with me once and I explained everything as much as I could. well, she picked up on it rather quickly (isnt that cute, she took my hat to wear):
kb61kj.jpg

and we went over what to do if you capsize, and she righted it right away:
2ylw5t1.jpg

and was off again in no time:
fogikm.jpg

I couldn't be more proud.

(I liked that hat.)

yeah, my hat didn't come home. I now wear an orvis hat someone else lost. I had the opportunity to show that I too can right a capsized Sunfish. I had the camera, so no photos.

Congratulations! I just took my boy 13 out today. Weather was awesome. We did our first dock launch. Good thing the docks were made of plastic.

BrainCorrel

I have a hard time getting any of the family out on a boat unless it is a Caribbean charter. On the other hand I have all kinds of friends that want to sail my Sunfish. :) I'm hoping my new water dog will like the water as much as I do. Next year I'll get her out on a Sunfish with me!

Congrats to you. You were successful in passing down your love of sailing. Well done.

congrats on the 1st solo sail for her! I'm really looking forward to teaching my 3 boys to sail. I was pretty lucky - on vacation a few weeks back, I was able to sail with my 2 youngest boys (ages 5 and 2 yrs) - it was a calm day, with light winds and little waves on Lake Michigan. I really look forward to teaching my older son (9 yrs) to sail, and then the other boys as they get older.

very cool indeed.

cheers,
thad

Back