Class Politics Proposed Rule Change - Rhombus on women's sails

Obviously (and unfortunately), there aren't that many people paying attention. If I stretch my mine, I can imagine a scenario where this rule (as intended, I think) might be helpful. You have a full fleet of women sailors and another fleet full of men on the same course...and you want to know whether all of the women or all of the men have finished. I find it hard to believe that this is a frequent issue. Did the fleets start together or 5 minutes apart? Are the finishers that far out that you're going to finish them in place and start another race for one fleet but not the other? Unfortunately, RC will be out of luck because the rule states that it only applies at Women's events. I'm guessing that this might be something like the Women's Laser World Championships??? If you don't weed out the men at registration, then you could surely identify them by the lack of the rhombus on the sail...right?

There may have been good intentions behind this rule, but as written, I believe it is useless, and I also am of the opinon that the issue could be addressed as a regatta requirement and is not appropriate as a class rule.

Best regards,
Renee Ruais
Laser D15 Secretary

Both rule changes have been passed.

www.laserinternational.org/rules2007/rules2007outcome.html

It's always good to see such a high proportion of the ILCA membership voting!!!

seems my post has been deleted, touche

Ross, I scrolled through this thread, and I'm not seeing that any post by you has been deleted. I did delete a duplicate post by SFBaylaser, a housekeeping issue, but that is it.

If you recall discussing something about the topic, perhaps it was on a different thread? In addition, it is better to use the PM feature to enquire about such issues, rather than getting off topic, as we are.

Ross, I scrolled through this thread, and I'm not seeing that any post by you has been deleted. I did delete a duplicate post by SFBaylaser, a housekeeping issue, but that is it.

If you recall discussing something about the topic, perhaps it was on a different thread? In addition, it is better to use the PM feature to enquire about such issues, rather than getting off topic, as we are.

interesting...

Back