proformence upgrade kit?

nsc1120

what is the pully ratio that this kit will give u for the outhaul and cunningham?

i think its 10:1 for cunningham, and 4:1 for outhaul, is this right?

also if it is only 4:1 for the outhaul is there a way to increase the ratio easily?

The outhaul in the kits is 6-1 (when the kits first came out it was 4-1)

There's a reason it went to 6-1, on the full rigs 4-1 wasn't powerful enough to easily adjust in a breeze.

I found the following to really make a difference in how well the outhaul works
1. Use a Harken 16mm air block, attached to a shackle at the clew
2. Use 3 wraps of 3mm 12 strand spectra for your clew tie down

To convert from a 4-1 sytem to a 6-1, you need to get a block w/becket and either a longer primary or secondary line. You tie the block w/becket at the end of the primary line and move the single block that used to be at the end of the primary onto the same line that holds the other block at the gooseneck (you will now have two blocks attached at the gooseneck) - rig a 3-1 system here, which multiplies the 2-1 primary

49208 please could you post a url where i can get details of the 6:1 outhaul - diagrams - company that supply etc. On the drlaser website there is something similar to what you are describing but they say it is illegal.
Look at http://www.drlaser.org/frm/plfMACf.html
figure 16. Regards
Phil

its illegal because it uses THREE control lines two is the limit for the outhaul, although u can have a shock cord inhaul

fig. 16 isnt illegal cuz it boom cleated, but if it was deck cleated it would be ILLEGAL

another question where can i get the proformence upgrade kit with the 6:1 outhaul

What 49208 is describing sounds the same as figure 16 with deck cleats and a 2:1 on the clue line giving overall 6:1. How is it different?

Phil

After doing 49208 describes you will have a block with a becket on the primary line and two single blocks (effectively a double) at the goose-neck. Sounds like figure 16.

Phil

I have been looking round and now understand how to get the 6:1. I spoke to Steve at Rooster. Their 6:1 outhaul is a modified version of figure 16 on the drlaser site. They make a 2:1 at the clue giving 6:1 and bring the control line down to the cleat on the deck.
I think it ends up the same as 49208 suggests but instead of two single blocks at the goose-neck they have one on the goose-neck and one fixed to the clam-cleat on the boom.

Phil

Back