Pro VS Standard

fatstratblond

I am not having much luck finding a used laser or one close to home if i was to buy new for $300 would it be worth buying the pro, Cause I don't want to have to up grade in a year I am going to be new to the sport
But when I do things I do them all the way,me and my kids are going to take lessons I live 10 min, to water and the sailing school so it will be getting alot of use

the pro upgrades cost over 300 alone so i really doubt youll find an upgraded boat for that price, but if you can afford it get a boat for 300 and then upgrade it casue it will make learning easier for you and your kids.

I take it you meant a new boat for 3000 dollars? If so I would go ahead and get the pro, even though the systems are more powerful, they are also much easier to adjust than the old systems. Also if you buy a standard boat and upgrade later the upgrades will cost more than 300 dollars. Spend the money early, in my opinions the upgrades make sailing the boat much more enjoyable, and they make it much easier to get into racing.

Thanks for the info, My concern is I have no Idea what to look for in a used boat, I just might scrap this year save my pennies and gain some info

Pro list... $5k Standard list... $4700 If you can get a new Pro for $3000 I'd really like to know who and where , because I'd buy one now!

it was hydroslyder got $3000 some how I understood what he ment, All I am saying is If I buy A new laser at
$5995 canadian would it be worth paying the extra $300 for the pro

sorry bout that I was confused, nothing new there. But yeah when i read that today Im not really sure what i was talking about. But yeah i would definitely get the upgrades for the extra 300 bucks, the new rigging is much easier therefore makes sailing the boat less work and more fun.

Another post in support of getting the pro rigging when you get the boat. You'll want it sooner or later (probably sooner). I don't know where you live or if you have a dealer nearby, but a great way to get a decent price on a nearly new Laser is to buy a charter boat that was used for only one or two regattas. There may be some available in Canada following the NA's this week, or in So Cal after the Radial Worlds next month. I got my new baby for a fantastic price after Orange Bowl/OCR down here in Miami last year. Ok, she's not especially new now this year but boy could we strut in '05!

I just looked into a dealer on line they are about 30 min away, they have a on water demo on sunday at a boat club in South Toronto lake Ontario about 45 min away ,I may head out if my wife lets me Ha HA HA

Back