Price Check

SportsDoc

Hey all looking for some advise on a selling price for a used radial lower and sail. (New ~785.00 U.S for both)

At 235+ lbs :( I have used it once in the last 5-6 years. It came with the boat 170694 I puchaced used. I don't have any idea how much use it got before I aquired it.

Thanks in advance.

What I look for on lower spars:
1. Is it straight.
2. How much wear at the mast step and deck (wear will show by first removing the anodizing and then slowly wearing away the wall of the extrusion.
3.fittings still tight on the spar
4. Approx hours or days of use

One that is straight, shows no wear, tight fittings and has less then a year of use would be worth 80% to me of a new one.

On the other end, one that is bent, worn away enough that you can feel a ridge in the extrusion, with loose fittings and more then 5 years old may be worth 20% to me.

Sails-
Once the sail is used more then half a year, I think I would be looking at 50% of new cost and going down from there.. Judging the condition is more subjective when you don't really know how much total use it has had..

That's just my viewpoint - your mileage may vary

If you browse thru the for sale and wanted sections here, you'll see get a feel for what others are pricing/willing to pay, also need to consider what someone could by the new knockoff stuff for (not class legal).

Back