Pregnancy and sailing

MarthaB

Hello
I found out that i am pregnant and would like to understand how long, according to experience i can sail a magic doing the trapeze.
Anyone has some experience?

What about Laser and other small boats?
Thanks for your info and experience

Hello
I found out that i am pregnant and would like to understand how long, according to experience i can sail a magic doing the trapeze.
Anyone has some experience?

What about Laser and other small boats?
Thanks for your info and experience
I have not been pregnant, but my first is soon due, so FWIW from my wife’s experience, here would be my advice:
1. Definitely have a conversation with your OBGYN about what physical limitations you should expect and/or activities they are comfortable with you doing. They’re the most qualified to advise you on minimizing the risks to your pregnancy
2. In our pregnancy, my wife was not very physically limited until her mid- to late-2nd trimester. This may differ by person due to physical fitness, how much your abdominal muscles get stretched, exercises…. In my wife’s case, she started seeing PT around 18 weeks due to muscle and nerve pains, but the therapist also has been working on exercises to strengthen her core, pelvic floor, etc.

Hope that helps!

Back