What's new

Powerhead (Intensity Sails) or Rooster 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EelcoT

Price $
State
Outside North America
I am looking for the large "Powerhead" from Intensity Sails. I've just bought a Laser, but since I am 6'5" and well over 220lbs I was planning to purchase a bigger sail. I had not decided on the Intensity Sails powerhead for the Laser or the Rooster 8.1. Rooster had a "not in stock" on their rig on the site. After inquiry it turned out that they will not produce the Rooster 8.1 in the foreseeable future. Then the Powerhead from Intensity Sails. Nowhere to find on the site: they have stopped making the sail altogether.
Points for the US though: answer in 1 hour, Rooster Sailing took 10 days.

Does someone have either sails on offer?

millacd

I am a little smaller than you height and weight wise, but wind near me is usually very light, so I also am looking for a Powerhead or Rooster. Can't seem to find one anywhere online or otherwise. The Powerhead is probably too intense for me and I would be worried about breaking the masthead in anything other than super light wind. I have broken a masthead already with a full, although the wind was quite heavy and the hull was quite old. The Rooster looks really fun though. Wish I could get my hands on either of them without having to resort to custom mast and custom sail prices.

EelcoT

I was in luck. Jim Myers had a customer who returned a powerhead. He then offered it to me. So, I am expecting the sail any day now. The Rooster would be a good option. It is a shame that Rooster Sailing decided to discontinue the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.