Polls and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct

[NOTE: THIS THREAD WAS SPLIT FROM THE WHICH ONE ARE YOU GOING TO POLL BY AN ADMIN]

Yeeee Haah !!

I love polls. A poll a Poll a poll. Oh Boy!! yesirree!!

I voted. have you??

Re: Who's goin to...

gouvernail said:
Yeeee Haah !!

I love polls. A poll a Poll a poll. Oh Boy!! yesirree!!

I voted. have you??

Jaysus, gov' quit yankin the kid's chain. Ya wanna build up the class? Somthing about catching more flies with honey than vinegar comes to mind. :p

Thank you, Seriously are you trying to put down someone 4 times younger than you because I hate to say this but after reading your article about the NA Officers I think you have some major self esteem issues. And I hate to start an argument or anything of that sort but between Gouvernail and Old Geezer i am really gettin annoyed because i don't get why those two gotta comment on every little thing i post on this forum latley.

sailor327 said:
Thank you, Seriously are you trying to put down someone 4 times younger than you because I hate to say this but after reading your article about the NA Officers I think you have some major self esteem issues. And I hate to start an argument or anything of that sort but between Gouvernail and Old Geezer i am really gettin annoyed because i don't get why those two gotta comment on every little thing i post on this forum latley.

For better or worse, the world is populated by a variety of interesting characters with interesting quirks, some of which cause wonderful people to be royal pains in the arse upon occasions.

I've never met gouv in person, but he has done loads for the sport, and I have every reason to believe that if you met him in person he would give you good advice, work hard to get you hooked up with a good fleet, lend you gear etc.

But, he does enjoy a certain reputation for being a cantankerous, grumpy SOB online, eh?

Chris123 said:
For better or worse, the world is populated by a variety of interesting characters with interesting quirks, some of which cause wonderful people to be royal pains in the arse upon occasions.

I've never met gouv in person, but he has done loads for the sport, and I have every reason to believe that if you met him in person he would give you good advice, work hard to get you hooked up with a good fleet, lend you gear etc.

But, he does enjoy a certain reputation for being a cantankerous, grumpy SOB online, eh?

Oh i completley agree but i don't understand why he would be a royal pain in th arse to a kid who is trying to grow in a sport he loves. and i guess my last post was a little bit of a personal attack. a little below the belt now that i think about it.

Gouvernail really does love polls. There was no irony. Haven't you noticed that he begins many posts with a poll, and he's been razzed, gently, about it? I think you owe him an apology, no joke.

Merrily

Merrily said:
Gouvernail really does love polls. There was no irony. Haven't you noticed that he begins many posts with a poll, and he's been razzed, gently, about it? I think you owe him an apology, no joke.

Merrily

I do since some sarcasm in his tone, but its more directed at Merrily and I for our gentle razzling for posting a lot of polls. Please do not take personal offense. I have come to know Fred well over the years and he is a very nice guy but put a keyboard in front of him and you better watch out!!! haha.

Cheers,

Sheesh guys...

I was having fun and thanking the fellow for posting a poll.
Pollls are one of the best features of this site. I love polls and use them all the time, got gently kidded for beginning all my threads with polls and even put up a poll with a selection about me not putting up more polls

The poll asking who is going where is a great idea!! I voted!!

I made a joke about being joyfully giddy about having another poll to play with.

Wheeeeeee

One last thing.... Certainly NO Apology is necessary from anyone for reacting to anything written above.
Communication < says me> relates to what the other guy hears a lot more than to what comes out of your mouth or off your fingers. If what I say offends somebody and I didn't mean to offend?? The offense still happened and I hurt the feelings just as much as if I meant to offend.

It sucks. It is true.

So..the fact is, something about my communication was received as a jab. I am truly sorry that happened.

I was hoping to produce giggles and make more people decide to play boith here and on the water.

Oh well. Lose some, mess up a few more, surprise yourself with a goodie.

yah i guess i went on the defensive alot after the practice boats thread. lets forget all this and hey im sorry for that personal attack above.

No apology needed or wanted. I started it...even if it wasn't deliberate.

How about If Bradley deletes this entire mess??

I plan to continue to live and learn but why forever save the entire transcript?

Which gets me back to my thing about never taking a college course unless you plan to get an A or maybe a B. You can arrange to audit the course however many times it takes until you know for sure you can take it once and get it right. ( take it with no grade but show up and listen and do the work on your own)
We pay tuition so the college of our choice can write down a record of how we did and give us a piece of paper saying we did enough. Why pay them to write down that it took seven tries to pass Hydrodynamics or Ancient history of the Belgians?

Just an "it is past my bedtime" thought.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back