please ID this sailboat?

CurtinupstateNY

hi, I know nothing about sailboats, I picked this up for dirt cheap a couple years ago. So far, I figured out that it's an Alcort Sailfish, has the barely visible "Topsy Turvy" name, and that's about it. Would someone please let me know any additional information, such as the possible year, the value, popularity of this model? I also have the rudder, trim, wood pieces, just haven't set them out with the pictures.
first time using this, hopefully there are 4 pictures attached..

Attachments

• Alcort1.jpg
    Alcort1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Alcort2.jpg
    Alcort2.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Alcort3.jpg
    Alcort3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Alcort4.jpg
    Alcort4.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 55
Looks like you got yourself a SAILfish. (A model before a decal was affixed warning of overhead electric utility wires). :eek:

Congratulations on you new boat. She's an Alcort Super Sailfish MK II, which means she is the longer 13' 7" Sailfish with a fiberglass hull. Versatile hull, can also be used as a SUP or Sit On Top kayak. Holds a lot of weight. She is missing her 41 inch long handrails. Easy enough to make if you have the tools and talent or we can make them for you.

Does

Specs Alcort Sailfish Sunfish.jpeg

thanks ..
I'm not that great a swimmer and zero sailing experience, so I'm looking to sell. What would be your opinion as to an asking price?
I also don't understand the "Topsy Turvy" on the front. No google searches, other images, or on forums that I find. Does anyone know what that's about?
I do have the wood pieces, including a picture.

Attachments

• Alcort5.JPG
    Alcort5.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
If the hull is close to the 98 lb. original weight, and you have all the wood parts, I would ask $500 and be prepared to take $425. I think the "Topsy Turvy" is just a what somebody named the boat in the past.

Alan Glos
Cazenoivia, NY

Back