Plastic Washers for the rudder Alternate source???

I used to cut similar washers out of those cheap thin cutting boards but recently they've been manufacturing them with sticky undersides so they don't slide off the counters. I just saw that they make cheap school binders out of the same material. It's a little thicker than milk carton is.
PXL_20201104_011228621.jpg

I guess cut my own then.

I was asking in case someone knew of a source like go to home depot and get this.

Thanks

Menards.com
Grip Fast® 1/4" X 2" Nylon Washer - 10 Count
Model Number: 2336688 Menards® SKU: 2336688

A great price until you add the processing fee and shipping charges. Their price was 10 for $1.98 plus another $5.50 for the processing fee and shipping. As I am willing to price match I can sell 10 any size for $7.00 which includes shipping and handling (envelope).

Last edited:
I never change those as I use a glass rudder and doesnt need refinishing. Now I wondering if I should replace them. How often should those be changed?

Probably never. When I refurbish a rudder and rudder head I throw away the old plastic washers as I have so many new ones. The old ones seem okay, rarely have I found a broken or cracked one. They were typically taped in place for installation but I never do that as I figure it is defeating the purpose to have tape in there.

Probably never. When I refurbish a rudder and rudder head I throw away the old plastic washers as I have so many new ones. The old ones seem okay, rarely have I found a broken or cracked one. They were typically taped in place for installation but I never do that as I figure it is defeating the purpose to have tape in there.
I need nylon washers for the rudder (2") and tiller (1.25"). Can you supply? I took the rudder apart to refurbish the wooden parts. I hope I can get back together :)

Anyone have a large brass washer for the old ‘elephant ear’ rudder? I’ve got one but I’d like to replace the plastic one on the other side.

Attachments

• F5D9E2FC-1C72-421A-82F2-EB49329B0C1C.jpeg
    F5D9E2FC-1C72-421A-82F2-EB49329B0C1C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44

Back