Pirates

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
I found the story of the rescued captain quite amazing this weekend. Here's the story in case you missed it: http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN12491313

This captain is definitely someone I would want in the bridge of one of my theoretical ships. Those seals that performed the rescue must be some bad-A dudes. They supposedly air dropped in from 25,000 feet (according to Geraldo, for what its worth) and then were picked up by a small navy skiff or rib.

But- Its hard to think about being on the water and having to worry about being attacked. I head out on the boat or sailboat whenever I'm trying to get away from stress. Can you imagine having to worry about being pirated while sailing down the river!?

But- Its hard to think about being on the water and having to worry about being attacked. I head out on the boat or sailboat whenever I'm trying to get away from stress. Can you imagine having to worry about being pirated while sailing down the river!?

Where would one store an automatic weapon on a Laser? I know! I know! I'm going to market the UziPort.

All kidding aside, I'm hoping for the best for all the other crews that are still imprisoned in that region.

This has been going on for a while, my roommates submarine was attacked by pirates and strafed by rifle fire for a moment, until the pirates realized it was a nuc submarine plodding along at 4 knots on the surface. This was in 1993 off the coast of New Guinea.

The cool part was the crew got to qualify to shoot 50. cal machine gun then...

-Erik

The cool part was the crew got to qualify to shoot 50. cal machine gun then...
This seems like the obvious solution to me. The shipping companies could easily protect their crews by hiring a security detail for ships going through these rough areas. All one of these large ships would need is two well trained sharp shooters.

Back