Piracy and Your Insurance Premium

jyeoman

Hello. I am a graduate student at the University of Tennessee's College of Business attending via the GI Bill. As a part of my studies and thesis project, I am evaluating the impact that piracy in the Gulf of Aden has had on insurance rates for boat ownership. The topic arose when a friend of mine and I were discussing his impending purchase of a sailboat. From cursory evaluation, associated insurance carriers appear to have allocated premiums across the board rather than targeting specific regions.

I know questionnaires are tedious but it shouldn’t take much of your time, at all. If I am able to build a significant sample size and find statistically relevant data, I intend to publish the material. In a perfect world, any significant findings could potentially lower insurance premiums. Of course, that’s a rather big if but we have to start from somewhere.

This survey is a 15 question initial effort in an ongoing study to assess the state of the industry in boat insurance with particular emphasis on the evaluation of customer coverage, satisfaction and concerns. The primary focus in this phase is to ascertain the concerns of boat owners.

Boat Insurance Questionnaire Survey

Thank you for participating in my survey. Your feedback is important.

If you have any concerns, questions or comments please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Back