Pics of my Sunny

Nephroid

I was recently asked to post some pics of my 2014 Sunfish “Sunny”. I’ve had her for 2 seasons and she’s been nothing but pure joy for me and the family. My 7-year old loves going out and taking a turn on the tiller.

We typically sail on the lake at my local park where we’ll frequently see 1-2 other Sunfish on breezy days.

As we near the end of August we’ll hopefully get another 5-6 weeks of good sailing in before starting on my list of projects.

Hope everyone else is having as much fun as we are!

F73F4C40-F714-4CB5-8C56-C72637FB9750.jpeg
DEDD9654-854F-4F97-88ED-6BC1FA967D28.jpeg
A3076FD5-3397-46E3-9435-2983F4C5243A.jpeg
F0E7019E-19A8-4C1C-BB3F-88A0FE19B28F.jpeg

Hey Nephroid, Very beautiful boat! When I saw your boat in the profile pic, I wanted to see it up close. Reason being, when I ordered my boat a year ago the website showed an icon of two boats, one red and one blue each with a stripe from bow to stern. I chose the red one and thought my hull would look identical to yours. I was also very close to ordering the red and white striped sail. Well, when the boat was delivered, it did not have the stripe but had a red splash guard and cockpit. I also ordered the Colada sail. I was however very close to having a boat with a nearly identical color scheme as yours. Love that boat you have and it's great to hear you are out there and having fun with your family. These boats last a long, long time so have many years of happy sailing and thank you for sharing!

Hey Nephroid, Very beautiful boat! When I saw your boat in the profile pic, I wanted to see it up close. Reason being, when I ordered my boat a year ago the website showed an icon of two boats, one red and one blue each with a stripe from bow to stern. I chose the red one and thought my hull would look identical to yours. I was also very close to ordering the red and white striped sail. Well, when the boat was delivered, it did not have the stripe but had a red splash guard and cockpit. I also ordered the Colada sail. I was however very close to having a boat with a nearly identical color scheme as yours. Love that boat you have and it's great to hear you are out there and having fun with your family. These boats last a long, long time so have many years of happy sailing and thank you for sharing!

Thanks! I really like how the hull length “racing” stripe makes her look nice and sporty. Red/White color scheme has really grown on me and provides nice contrast.

It’s now my favorite Sunfish look and if I could do it all over again I would get the exact same one.

It is a really good look. I bought a new red and white LP sail for my old Sunfish in Wisconsin last spring. I put it on when I visited in July and it made the boat look new. Now I'm really thinking I might switch my sails next summer and bring that one back with me!

Back