What's new

Phantom 14 for Sale

MrXC

Price $
State
VIRGINIA
City
Alexandria
Selling my 1983 (I think) Howmar Marine Phantom 14. Includes a new mainsheet block and cleat ($80), cover ($100'sh) and traveler. I also re-varnished the wood rudder this summer so it should be good to go for years. The daggerboard is fiberglass. The dolly is not included.

The Phantom 14 is similar to a sunfish and was produced in the late 70's until 83 or 85. I like to call it an "adult sunfish" because the cockpit is actually big enough to fit an adult! I bought it last summer to get back into sailing, and have since bought an Albacore and Laser so I can race with the local fleets. As a result, I don't need it anymore. It's a fun boat that is quite stable but you'll still need to hike out in a good breeze. Add a new Intensity race-cut sail and it would be even more fun! The current sail is pretty worn and may even be original, but it works. I'll also include a couple of spare autobailers. This is one of the few parts that isn't interchangeable with a modern sunfish but I found a few NOS online earlier this year and snapped them up.

You can see read more about the Phantom at SailboatData.com - PHANTOM 14 (HOWMAR) Sailboat and Phantom versus Sunfish

The boat is currently at Washington Sailing Marina in Virginia

Attachments

maxstimp

Sorry for the late reply. Your message came through on my email and I replied there but it looks like I have to reply through sailing forums. I'd like to see the phantom but today looks like a pretty lousy day for that. If you do not sell it over the next week, I am available to take a look next Sunday.
I grew up sailing a sunfish and a phantom and always liked the phantom better. I now live next to the water near Annapolis and would like to get a small boat to cruise around in to relax so this boat would be perfect if it is in decent shape.
I also must find a means of transporting it as I have no trailer and will be using a dolly to wheel it over to the water.
I'll touch base later in the week to see if the boat is still available.

MrXC

Sounds good. Yeah, it's going to be a wet day for frostbite racing! I'm around next weekend and can easily hop over to the marina, so let me know when is good for you.

MrXC

Sorry for the late reply. Your message came through on my email and I replied there but it looks like I have to reply through sailing forums. I'd like to see the phantom but today looks like a pretty lousy day for that. If you do not sell it over the next week, I am available to take a look next Sunday.
I grew up sailing a sunfish and a phantom and always liked the phantom better. I now live next to the water near Annapolis and would like to get a small boat to cruise around in to relax so this boat would be perfect if it is in decent shape.
I also must find a means of transporting it as I have no trailer and will be using a dolly to wheel it over to the water.
I'll touch base later in the week to see if the boat is still available.
Maxstimp,
Would you like to check out the Phantom this weekend? Saturday afternoon or Sunday before noon or after 4:00 work for me.