News Peckover Wins Another Regatta

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
Multi time old geezer world Champion Doug Peckover went to bed saturday night thinking he was involved in a hotly contested regatta. He had just had his hat handed to him one more time by a virtually unknown old fat man and ending a day where five different sailors had won the five races, Doug's two point lead seemed fragile. His old tired body was absolutely and certainly fragile, and Yes had an album called Fragile.

So when Doug rounded the first mark Sunday morning with no one else even looking interested in doing the same thing, and then Doug sailed to the finish with no company what so ever, Doug was so hypede he decided not to read the course board before the next race.

It didn't matter, Doug failed to gain a sufficiently large lead before heading straight downwind and when the readers in the fleet headed off to the reach mark, Doug simply heated up and rounded ahead.

As the wind rarely dropped below a dozen MPH during the weekend and sometimes exceeded 30, Doug knew EXACTLY who to credit with his victory. At the trophy prsentation, Mr Peckover thanked his crew.

There is another Texas Regatta In two weeks. Unless you can afford to buy enough gas to travel damn near to Iceland, you might wish to check out the event in Seabrook. ( Half as far as Massachusetts for you California folks and much better Mexican restaurants.)

James Freedman ( 2nd place finisher this weekend) says," I will be racing in Seabrook. No way I am driving to Massachusetts to sail. I am not that old."

Back