Panama City Florida Lasers

davbut

Can anyone tell me if anything goes on in the Panama City Beach (or Panama City proper) dealing with Lasers - Races - Fleets - etc. I will be in this area alot in the future and need to know. I appreciate any info.

Thx,
-David-

Great location, great beaches, but as far as I know, no real Lasering nearby! Great Laser light shows and Laser Tag fun, though :)

The closest possible Lasering spot I know of will be 200 miles to SE, in Crystal River with the "Crystal River Laser Fleet" which was last heard about in April 2001.

Last known contact information I have is:

Randy Rea
7530 W. Jim Lane
Crystal River, FL 34429-5346
Tel: 352-795-0947

You are supposed to sail with the manatee in fresh water springs there!

The above info is from drLaser's "Where to Sail?" section (the Laser Fleets Directory) at:
http://www.drLaser.org/FAQ/Fleets

------------------------
If the above contact info proves useless, you may of course want to contact area sailors:

Try St. Andrews Bay YC (850-769-2453) in Panama City. No Lasers there as far as I know. Try Gerald Doolittle at [email protected].

Also in Panama City is BAY POINTE YACHT CLUB (904 234 0220).

A nearby "Blue Water Bay Yacht Club" used to organize dinghy races for Lasers, Sunfish, JY15s, etc. but I don't know if they are still being held.

If worse comes to worst, you can try charter operators, like Captain Larry Lane at the Panama City Marina.
1 Harrison Avenue
Panama City, FL. 32401
850-832-5324

Or try finding Michael H. Hulme in Panama City, FL who owns the Banshee #6600, a thirteen footer. I don't know if Minstral sailor Randy Somnitz still lives in Panama City.

Best of luck,

Shevy

Back