Painting a Hull

emeded

My boat is older Capri Omega and it has been repainted ones already. I wanted to repaint it again, as old paint faded and started to chip on couple of places. However, I was wondering what paint should I use, and does it make sense to apply primer/base coat if boat has been already painted ones.
Also can somebody suggest some good paint? I was thinking to pick up something from Westmarine store. Also, what amount should be enough to repaint the whole boat?

Thank you in advance.

Erni

Prep and paint the bottom

Erni,
Did you ever get the bottom painted? How did you prep it? What did you paint it with? I'm looking ahead to my Spring project of cleaning up and painting a 1983 14.2 that I just bought.
VCMaine
Nashua NH

Erni,
Did you ever get the bottom painted? How did you prep it? What did you paint it with? I'm looking ahead to my Spring project of cleaning up and painting a 1983 14.2 that I just bought.
VCMaine
Nashua NH
Hi,
no have not. Never came to it. I actually decided not to do it, as I have many repairs to perform on my trailer. I also had to re fabricated ruder and centerboard, so there is still a lot of work in front of me before I even start doing repaint.
Let me know how yours goes.

Thanks

Erni

Back