Over tightened the bailer nut

Well was getting close to heading for water, but I wanted replace seals on bailer. When reinstalling I must of tightened the nut too much and cracked it. Oh well, I guess that is part of learning curve.
Some vendors offer separate parts to repair plastic bailers. Shipping costs usually make such purchases inadvisable unless you have repeated need for them or own other Sunfish.

There are two types of plastic bailer. The difference is in the length of the threaded portion, so you'll need to measure what type was removed.

I've read that 3D-printing plastics are not very strong, but nobody's making bailers with 3D-printers that I know of, anyway.

Some vendors offer separate parts to repair plastic bailers. Shipping costs usually make such purchases inadvisable unless you have repeated need for them or own other Sunfish.

There are two types of plastic bailer. The difference is in the length of the threaded portion, so you'll need to measure what type was removed.

I've read that 3D-printing plastics are not very strong, but nobody's making bailers with 3D-printers that I know of, anyway.

Yes thank you, I got lucky and found a fairly local sailboat shop that had the individual parts that I needed to fix this issue. Good to know that I can buy some of the most needed parts locally.

Back