outhaul

alittlenasty

hey i got a laser for my xmass and i gona start racing her( i do normaly race keel boats) i am having problems getting the tension on the outhaul while sailing any 1 got a clear diagram or picture to show me how to set it up so it leads back onto the deak?

wanting to see whats needed befor buying the parts and what parts i need

There are two styles of rigging - old school / pro rigging. We need to know which you currently have.. pro rigging has dual cam cleats just in front of the daggerboard, old school has a single clam cleat.

Once we know that we can give you suggestions on what most are using..

You won't get that leading back to the deck. With the old style one you have to learn to adjust it on the boom which is possible, just takes some learning. (I'd just about sussed it when the new systems came out!)

This link http://www.wvaegir.nl/newrig_2.html has a few diagrams of how to upgrade the old system to make life easier for you. Outhaul is shown a fair way down the page.

Hope that helps.

yea i know i cant, i wana upgrade it to the pro seen afew pics but cant aford to buy the XD kit any one got a basic list of stuff i need?

All the information you to do a basic rigging upgrade (new deck hardware, no new vang components) is here.

Photos of the finished product here.

yea i know i cant, i wana upgrade it to the pro seen afew pics but cant aford to buy the XD kit any one got a basic list of stuff i need?

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you want to do it on the cheap - which is possible if you don't care about being class legal, but will still cost some coin.

This page shows all the class legal stuff that you would need.
http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d285000/e283006.asp

If you don't care about being class legal, you can make your own base for the cam cleats, and use the existing fairlead behind the mast (either as is, or tie/shackle the two blocks onto it) That will save you approx $70

You can save a little more $ by going to a 6-1 cunningham which is more then enough purchase for most. (and releases a lot easier in lighter air)

cheers i gona have a look on my laser see what easyest way i can see about going around this, one diagram on the site chriss linked looks like a spare rope i have, i gona try contact the old owner and ask if he has any rigging pictures( was suprise so never gota see her riged)

Back