Other boats owned..

steveh

Hello, I am new to the Laser world, one week of sailing in it so far , but have a Sunfish, Sailfish (4 sale), and a Boston Whaler Harpoon 4.7. I really like seat of your pants type sailing, I don't race, just like going out when its blowing. What's in your fleet? I'm sure others have multiple boats.

Right now I have only my Laser, but would like to have a 2-man dinghy, I like the Fireball or possibly a 505, and would love to ultimately add a small keel boat to finish my fleet off, a J22 or J24 would be great, but finances may limit me to a Hunter 19, also got a nice fleet following up here.

I got 2 sunfish, 20' welcraft, 17' key west, 13' powerboat (duno what it is), 2 kayaks, lasers, 3 windsurfers, catalina 22, and a flying scot

I have two 125's, a 505 and a Laser. I also got a confession... Personally the laser is cool but the 505 beats the pants of it for pure fun.:D

Besides my RADial, I also have two kayaks: A Euro Cyphur kayak (old school 10.5' river runner like a Dancer, which I really don't use too much), and my mean machine kick-ass Perception Blaze 6.9 kayak (whitewater playboat that I use both on rivers and to ocean surf when we have decent surf on the Texas coast). :cool:

Shellback Dinghy, N10 (a.k.a. Parker River Turnabout, which has already been sold thankfully). I love my shellback even if it's not high-performance. Building something like that from scratch is an awesome experience I won't forget.

Skipper Deckboat, Electra, J-24, Sidewinder, FYLIBMO (prototype unfinished), Thistle, One Meter One Design (prototype 100 more built and sold), a whole bunch Lasers in various states of disrepair

Between the two of us my husband and I have a Europe dinghy, two kayaks, an aluminum canoe, a small Boston whaler, a Starwind 223, and a Sea Ray powerboat. We also have a wooden Thistle in the garage that we are slowly refurbishing.

i sail out of central new york on a small lake called otsego

that's awesome your repairing a woodie, do you plan on competing with it?

i sail out of central new york on a small lake called otsego

that's awesome your repairing a woodie, do you plan on competing with it?

Only in our club races. It needs more than refinishing. We tried to launch it last year from the club hoist, and it promptly tried to sink! It's leaking at the trunk. We are lucky to be close to Great Midwest Sailing and we had Doug Laber look at it. He said we had two choices, either epoxy it or remove it and fix it right. We are opting to fix it right. In fact, I spent a few minutes scraping on it this afternoon (it makes beer taste better), and I'm wondering about the order of work. Refinishing or trunk work first? I'll probably ask over at the Thistle Class forum.

Jack Breen is a prof at U Texas in Austin. He had a couple Thistles way back when. One was an 1100 series woodie and I have the plan set that came with Jack's first Boat.

Jack now sails a Catalina 27 with the grandkids but he has stoipped af ew times to visit teh woodie I am refurbishing...slowly///not JaCK..MY WORK PROGRESS

Jack Breen is a prof at U Texas in Austin. He had a couple Thistles way back when. One was an 1100 series woodie and I have the plan set that came with Jack's first Boat.

Jack now sails a Catalina 27 with the grandkids but he has stoipped af ew times to visit teh woodie I am refurbishing...slowly///not JaCK..MY WORK PROGRESS

Yeah, our progress is super slow, but that's what winter is for. What the condition of yours?

I bought it a nice new tarp fairly recently

Well, that's wise. We went tarpless one season, being po' folks, and the boat was outdoors and it weathered the wood. Now I've got a lot of bleaching to do. I'm not optimistic on success there, either.

Thanks for this thread. Thought I was the only craze collector of trash: got 3 lasers, ‘76, ‘85, ’07; canoe; aluminum power boat;

Sailed once with a girl who had Sunfish. Laser was much faster, so I tried her 2nd Sunfish rig on a Laser. Worked fine.

I did sell the Boston Whaler Harpoon, but I never festup to the 4 kayaks, (one being the Hobie Outback that you pedal), '16 canoe, '19 Chaparral family runabout, and a 1959 '14 Glasspar Sport Lido the Sunday cruiser when the wind is not blowing.

I have a Tasar. Which is a great boat, but got tired of having to dig someone up everytime I wanted to go sailing, so just bought a laser. I'm planning to sail it exclusively during the frostbite season, but will be interesting to see which way I gravitate towards during the regular race season.

I really enjoy sailing real boats - you know the kind that when you make a mistake you get wet - my primary boat is a Vancouver 42 but all summer long I have 2 Bombardier Invitations tied up along side and they are lots of fun for my wife and I to race - always interested in talking anyone who has an Invitation - great boats - very similar to a laser - especially in the area of repairs

I have two 125's, a 505 and a Laser. I also got a confession... Personally the laser is cool but the 505 beats the pants of it for pure fun.:D

Hey, what number 125's do you have? Also, (dumb question and all I know) but where is Tinnaroo? Do you race them? I sail 125 number 3157 ('Oddly Enough') in Queensland.

I don't actually own any boats right now. I sold my laser 2 (which was sad, it was a great boat but I wanted to race and there is no class here). I like this board which is why I stuck around. I race a 125 owned by my crew. At some stage we are looking at getting something like a Formula 15 (http://www.formula15.org/index.htm) which would be so much fun!

i have as i stated 2 125's ... i dont sail them any more as i am too big :D I sail the laser mainly and 505 of fun days...

The first 125 i have is 2162... but don't let the sail number fool you ... it is very very fast upwind ...:D

the other one my father had built for my sister for the 125 nationals ... oooo can't remember what year :confused: but it is 2995.... its unfortunately not so quick upwind .... but will pass most the fleet going down wind ....

i attribute thes qualities to the boats hull shape .. 2995 is quite flat underneath .. where 2162 can point like hell and is fast doing it .. it is quite deep at the bow ....

anyways ... hope that satisies you :p..

oh .. Tinaroo is on the Tablelands near Cairns

Back