Original brass deck drain.

po-man sailor

I'm still looking for a complete used original brass deck drain and cap. I know they sell them new for around $50. I like original equipment best but I sure don't like the cost of one of these new ones.
Is there anything negative about having the original style? verses drilling the deck hole out larger and putting a $6 plastic plug in? Something that would sway me that I should'nt use the original style?
Just checking im almost finished with the boat and I thought I would look for used till the last minute.

Nothing just original hole with the two tiny holes for the brass keeper pins.it had duct tape over it when I got it. I thought they would be easier to come by. Been checking ebay regularly and posted on the sunfish want ads way back

Nothing just original hole with the two tiny holes for the brass keeper pins.it had duct tape over it when I got it. I thought they would be easier to come by. Been checking ebay regularly and posted on the sunfish want ads way back
Then you need a substitute until one is found. Hardware stores carry an assortment of neoprene plugs. ("Corks"). Or return to duct tape, which I find useful nearly everywhere.

Fullscreen capture 4252021 80844 PM.bmp.jpg

Otion1: Buy this batch of used parts, keep the plug and resell the rest. The DePersia bailer cap will get some interest for around 20-25 dollars, and the carriage bolt around $10. I'd buy the rest of the bronze for $30.

You might also message that seller Herb and see if he has just the plug.

Sunfish Sailboat Used Parts | eBay

2: In the meantime go sailing, Gorilla tape over the hole. I might have an extra plug but won't know for sure for about 2 months when I get our packed up parts out of storage in Virginia.

Insert random pinking shears photo here:

308FA7E7-7EE7-4022-B119-F0484D27313F.jpeg

Thanks Charlie.
Every time I see those sheers I remember hearing my mom yell at my little brother and i..."you boys better not have my good picking sheers back there cutting that". It was a running family joke through adulthood.

Cut that Sunbrella with a hot knife...unless it's some non-synthetc fabric that'll burst into flames. :) :)

Skipper always hollers "Those better not be my Ginghers..."

1E20C792-15B8-4F59-AC2B-CDBC5FCAF0C7.jpeg

And our Sailrite Hotknife is packed, not sure if it would be the best application for the 40 feet of cutting we needed to do and get a straight line. SKipper has 5 decades of sewing experience, she can sew the needed seam faster than I could pull out the knife, extension cord, find a flat surface, keep fabric lined up, find the tempered glass cutting plate....

Po-man,

Is this what you need/want? I have this one assembly that came off a badly dagmage 1974 hull. It even has the origiunal rertaining chain and the two
pound-in mounting pins. $15 + $3 shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

• L1140648.JPG
    L1140648.JPG
    950 KB · Views: 28
  • L1140649.JPG
    L1140649.JPG
    941.2 KB · Views: 30
Yep thats what I'm looking for Alan. I need that as well as the sunfish de Persian bailer you have. I sent you an email and my phone number. THANKS! Now I can sell that dang plastic junk.

Back