Open Invitation

baseman

On the Water
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.
I know this is a geographically diverse group, but if any of you live in or near New Hampshire, I'm looking for some competition. I race my Phantom on Bow Lake in the summers. The races are run by a Lightning fleet, but all boats are invited. The larger boats (Lightning's, Cats, and the occasional Flying Scot) race the full course. The small boats (Sunfish and clones. sometime a Laser or a Force 5), race a half course (windward back to start). The races are somewhat informal, but there is a race committee that monitors the start line and the finish.
There is no cost to enter the races, but donations to the Bow Lake Yacht Club are excepted to help defray committee boat costs and pay for the banquet at the end of the season.
There are only two requirements: You need a boat (doesn't have to be class legal), and you need to have fun (adult beverages are often available at the commodore's house after the races).
If anyone knows of someone who lives in NH and would like to try racing, send me a message.

If you were in Oklahoma I'd race ya. We mostly have YMCA kids in Picos, and adults in Hobie cats on my city lake. Not a lot of dinghy sailors. I have a Dolphin and a Sunfish now, so I am going to have two person races this summer hehe.

I am in Fryeburg Maine, and would like to race with you. I also belong to the Lake Rregion sailing club,out of Harrison Maine, we have a mixeed fleet, which sails Tuesdasy nights at 5:30 pm. There are only two of us sunfish sailors in the fleet. One is a women with a new sunfish, she beats me most of the time. When and where can we get together? Oh! you are welcome to sail with us on tuesday nights. I can be reaced at [email protected]

We are on Sunapee and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sunfish or a Phantom.
I used to race the Phantom when I was just a wee river rat, it took 2 of us to keep it down :)

I would like to know the race schedule, would like to get my feet wet with another fleet. I race on tuesday nights 5:30 pm.Starting the last weekend in June or First of July. My Name is David Stuart, would like to meet you and visit about racing sunfish, sometime before the season. I would like to start a sunfish legal fleet. we need five sunfish sailors to start a fleet. Just send me another E-Mail, about the race schedule on lake sunapee. Thanks !!!

Back