OOO YEA SAILING SEASON STARTS TOMORROW

yachtie2k4

Hey All,
its summer well, my description of summer is when the sailin season starts, which is tomorrow YEA :D sailing radio control boat tomorrow.

You lucky aussies :)

Our northern hemisphere sailing is over for me...I'm not into sailing in the cold/frostbiting. I wish I could move down to the south for the winter...that would be awsome :)

he he he, bugger me, the radio control boat that was meant to be sailing yesterday didnt sail because it had a leak, ahh well, hopefully today!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yea
the radio control boat with automatic canting keel went for its first sail, went well, keel came outta the water a few times goin upwind, was blowing bout 10 knots, need to add more weight to the bulb & make the canard deeper, we found that with 1 kg on the end of the keel, it tends to get over powered & broached then capsized, ripped the seal of the canting arm off, & then the cord that goes to the motor to cant the keel decided to run over its self, causing the keel to stop working. luckily there was a powerboater near by & he came & put it back upright & i sailed it back in!!! but it worked, had a bit of leeway going upwind because of the bow canard not bein deep enough.

Hey, that is really awesome. Did you build it all yourself?

ooo ye, im sailing on sunday, meant to be blowing 10-15, not good, need 15-20 from north, now that would be fun!

Back