OOO YEA SAILING SEASON STARTS TOMORROW

yachtie2k4

Hey All,
its summer well, my description of summer is when the sailin season starts, which is tomorrow YEA :D sailing radio control boat tomorrow.

David

You lucky aussies :)

Our northern hemisphere sailing is over for me...I'm not into sailing in the cold/frostbiting. I wish I could move down to the south for the winter...that would be awsome :)

yachtie2k4

he he he, bugger me, the radio control boat that was meant to be sailing yesterday didnt sail because it had a leak, ahh well, hopefully today!

yachtie2k4

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yea
the radio control boat with automatic canting keel went for its first sail, went well, keel came outta the water a few times goin upwind, was blowing bout 10 knots, need to add more weight to the bulb & make the canard deeper, we found that with 1 kg on the end of the keel, it tends to get over powered & broached then capsized, ripped the seal of the canting arm off, & then the cord that goes to the motor to cant the keel decided to run over its self, causing the keel to stop working. luckily there was a powerboater near by & he came & put it back upright & i sailed it back in!!! but it worked, had a bit of leeway going upwind because of the bow canard not bein deep enough.

G

Goonie

Hey, that is really awesome. Did you build it all yourself?

yachtie2k4

ooo ye, im sailing on sunday, meant to be blowing 10-15, not good, need 15-20 from north, now that would be fun!