Online classes/coaching

LETLMT

Are there any online resources to show me proper techniques for sailing my Laser to the best of my ability without hiring a coach? Something to show me proper roll tacks, proper position in the boat in different wind conditions, proper hiking technique, proper trim and sail shape, etc.?

SportVid

This is a Dutch company. Owner/Olympic Champion coach Roelof Bouwmeester who turned his professional sailing career into a professional coaching career.

Can't help showing this: two of my son's teammates, back in the optimist period

Thanks again, I never think of You Tube for some reason. I need to get better with it, I find it cumbersome to find the videos that I want. I will look

I went further into the SportVid website and it is all English. I am not sure why the first pages were not. It looks really good. Thanks!!

... Let's not forget Jon Emmett who has posted videos and has published books about sailing. (And in real life, he's a nice guy as well! Always willing to help another sailor - at any level performing better).

Based all the input I have a lot of information to sort through now. I have been working through it and learning a lot. My season starts in just over a month and I am looking forward to it.

I will add Jon Emmett to my list. Keep the suggestions coming, there is never too much input.

Thank you

Back