Omega Capri 14 Centerboard Control

BigKahuna

I just picked up an Omega Capri 14 in pretty decent shape, but it's not rigged properly. I've figured most of it out with intuition and experience but need some help with the centerboard control cords. Can anyone share a photo or diagram that shows the setup? The Capri 14.2 is probably similarly rigged so please share. I figure there's a down-haul shock cord (because Catalina Direct sells one) but don't see where things are attached, include the up-haul line. I also suspect I have a leak into the inner hull around or within the centerboard trunk, but that's a different post.
0704201617_HDR_resized.jpg

I couldn't find a good picture of how this model's centerboad controls are run. I can tell you about the Capri 14 and maybe it will translate.
The bungee is run from a loop on the aft top corner of the board to a eye in the stern. This pulls the board down. Mine is a bungee loop with a shackle that attaches to the stern to release it. I had to replace it when I first got the boat, and it has done well since.
The "downhaul" is run in an 'M' pattern, with the cleat for each end in the face of the seat close to the sampson post. From there, it runs to the bulkhead (which you lack) then to the other side of the aft top corner of the board.
If this doesn't help and you're still trying to figure it out, please include some pictures of the mounts, blocks, and cleats you have and we will try to figure it out.

I couldn't find a good picture of how this model's centerboad controls are run. I can tell you about the Capri 14 and maybe it will translate.
The bungee is run from a loop on the aft top corner of the board to a eye in the stern. This pulls the board down. Mine is a bungee loop with a shackle that attaches to the stern to release it. I had to replace it when I first got the boat, and it has done well since.
The "downhaul" is run in an 'M' pattern, with the cleat for each end in the face of the seat close to the sampson post. From there, it runs to the bulkhead (which you lack) then to the other side of the aft top corner of the board.
If this doesn't help and you're still trying to figure it out, please include some pictures of the mounts, blocks, and cleats you have and we will try to figure it out.
Thanks FreeRide. The bungee setup is the same. I found a diagram of the centerboard rigging and the other line is setup a bit different, but similar concept. Thanks again.

Back