Olympic Trials Qualifier

Eric

With the conclusion of the US Nationals, registration is now open for the Last Chance Laser/Radial Olympic Trials Qualifier at Cedar Point Yacht club in Westport, CT, on September 13-16. All USA citizens who are not already qualified, and who are US Sailing eligible, may enter. At least 7 men and 7 women will qualify for the Olympic Trials in Newport.

Unlike recent major regattas, there is NO high entry fee, and NO early cutoff on entries! If you wish to tell your grandchildren that you qualified for the OLYMPIC TRIALS, enter now for this event.

Event website: CPYC Laser Last Chance Olympic Qualifier
http://www.cedarpointyc.org/Events/...ChanceOlympicQualifier/tabid/163/Default.aspx

Eric Robbins
Cedar Point Yacht Club

Anyone needs a boat for the last chance, send me a msg - I'm going to be on the left coast, but my boat is avail.

The Last Chance Qualifier did start today, in spite of what was reported above. 3 races sailed in both fleets.

Men top 5...

1. Andrew Scrivan
2. Royce Weber
3. Jerry Tullo
4. Ryan Minth
5. Christopher Branning

Women top 5...
1. Reguli Granger
2. Chloe Palmer
3. Susie Pegel
4. Katie Smith
5. Laura Windecker

Full results at http://www.cedarpointyc.org/Default.aspx?tabid=163

Olympic Trials Last Chance Qualifier
September 15, Day 2-Cedar Point Yacht Club, Westport, CT

OK, the wind was 15 to 18 knots with gusts of 25! Many hardy Laser competitors handled the Northerly with various degrees of difficulty.

Three races were completed after a delay due to a squall coming through.

After 2 days, the following Laser sailors would qualify for the Olympics Trials; Royce Weber, Andrew Scrivan, Jerry Tullo, Christopher Branning, Ryan Minth, Pat Curran, Mattia D'Errico and Ian Sutherland.

For the women the following sailors would qualify for the Olympic Trials; Reguli Granger, Susie Pegel, Chloe Palmer, Katie Smith, Laura Windecker, Renee Gagne, and Callie Naughton.

Good luck to all on Sunday.

Congratulations to Susie Pegel who won two races today. The only woman ever to win a Laser North American Championship. Not Laser Radial. Laser 1980. Still kicking ass even though she is THREE TIMES THE AGE of most of her competitors in this regatta. Don't feel too bad girls. When Susie won the NAs the sailor in 2nd place was some kid called Russell Coutts.

Ross Bennett placed.....ummmm.... that's strange.... I can't find his name. Guess he thinks they still haven't started yet.

Back