Olympic Races

RalphPerreca

Hi everyone

Has anyone caught the olympic coverage for sailboat racing? only saw two quick spots on the laser class. Does anyone know if the ILCA or someone else will be releasing a DVD or video with all the races? The closeups on TV are good and I have a feeling I could learn alot if I could see all the races .

Ralph

I second that Ralph. I would definitely buy a tape or dvd of the laser racing in the olympics. I video-taped everything that was shown on the stations that I have access to, but it just isn't enough. If anyone is out there reading this that has some pull in these matters, I would be the first to buy a copy.

Yes, I agree. However I am disapointed in the coverage by ussailing.org. I can't think of a better way to thank the patrons by posting pictures and a little video here and there. Opps, I hope I didn't go overboad there. But to the average member - the bulk of the patrons. I don't see much value in paying the dues, except to help the elite few.

Any one in australia who can get SBS can view sailing on thursday night at 11pm for 1/2 hr, apart from that i have seen all of 2 seconds on the tv, & in the paper's that i have brought, there was only a tiny article. i know we are doin shit in all the classes except for the tornado where we are starting to pick up, we are now coming 7th.

NO, Mitch Booth, the ex ozzy (in other words a traitor) is beating Bundy & Forbes, the gap between 1st placed yankee's & 7th placed ozzies is 10 points, yanks on 20, ozzies on 30. lets hope that Bundy & Forbes can get their s*** together for the next races & win the olympic gold!
OZZY OZZY OZZY, OI OI OI, OZZY OZZY OZZY OI OI OI, OZZY OI, OZZY OI, OZZY OZZY OZZY, OI OI OI,

I managed to watch the whole of the last laser race but what was surprising is that there was not much to be learned from the sailors. They were all doing bad habits like dropping their extensions on tacks and things like that (except Scheidt)

Mmm, in the tornado's, our ozzy team have moved to 3rd spot over all (37 pnts), 11 points behind the austrian's (26 pnts), with the 3rd spot yankees 4 pnts in front of the ozzyies, the ex ozzies, Mitch Booth is 4th on countback (37 points). with like 3 more races, we need to beat the austrians.
OZZY OZZY OZZY, OI OI OI, OZZY OZZY OZZY OI OI OI, OZZY OI, OZZY OI, OZZY OZZY OZZY, OI OI OI,

Does anyone know what channels have sailing coverage on them at all?

Bravo apparently covers Olympic sailing for like 15 minutes at 1am, but that's a premium channel I don't have...

I was wondering if DirectTV (or some other satelite) was able to carry any of the Australian or New Zealand channels? Do you locals get sailing coverage, even?

It seems to only be basketball, football, hockey, and baseball in the states...

And the America's cup every 4 years...

Once in a while OLN (outdoor life network) shows a 30 minute clip.

Any suggestions? I'd love to find some dinghy coverage.

I checked some of the AUS and NZL news channels on the internet, but even those didn't have anything on sailing. I thought it was their national sport?

IDEAS?

hahaha, sailing on tv in Australia?

all we see is swimming and athletics, diving and both forms of volleyball

stupuid sbs (aus gov station) they said sailing @ 11:00 pm so i stayed up 2 watch it & it was cancelled out because hocky whent 2 long go ausies go :)

yeh im outraged at the tv station for not showing the sailing last night that they said they were going to show "live" im going to e mail them i believe that this is false advertising is this true? IM REALLY REALLY P'ED OFF

i dont think it could be classed as false advertising because on their website, they say that the program can change without warning

Im like super UBER p'ed off i havent seen any sailing coverage on the tv yet the australia team was the top 3 (was told this by a friend) sport to earn medals for australia in the 2000 olympics. They show every other sport under the sun but no sailing ARHHHHH!(*#!&#*&

Murphs said:
they even show bloody european handball and we dont even have a team in that.......quite crap

So they NEVER have sailing on Australian TV?
How bout in NZL?

Guess we all have to wait for the America's Cup... (and big boats aren't nearly as interesting)

I'd love to see some Aussie-18 skiff racing, guess I need to buy a DVD...

later
:(

unless you're an official olympic broadcaster you can not post video of the olympics on a website.

that's why sailing.org and also ussailing can't show any sailing.

CBC (canadian broadcasting corporation) will hopefully show some sailing tommorow since we will hopefully win a medal, unless mr. cayard beats us by 5 boats.

and of course Bravo Canada can't import the signal because CBC has the rights in canada.

Mm, i think TVNZ got the sailing coverage from our Channel 7 which f'n sucks, but thats typical, we used to have 18' skiffs a few years ago, but they took that off because they decided to show shitty american tv shows. the only time we get sailing coverage is for the Sydney to Hobart & even that is s*** coverage to say the least. it seems that our media isn't interested in sailing & Yachting Aus doesn't try & promote it on tv either.

Back