What's new

Old Style (pre-1972) Sunfish Rudder/Tiller Assembly and Tapered Sunfish Daggerboard

Alan S. Glos

Price $
State
NEW YORK
City
Cazenovia
Completely refurbished and refinished wood Sunfish parts for sale

Blades and tiller are mahogany and the tiller extension is white oak. Wood parts were sanded down to bare wood,
repaired as needed and then refiinished with 3 coats of marine varnish to a better than new finish. Bronze and brass hardware cleaned and burnished to better than new
conditiion. The rudder/tiller will fit any pre-1972 Sunfish fiberglass hull with the bronze attachment hardware.

The daggerboard will fit any fiberglass Sunfish or Minifush hull. Side handles have been glued on for added strength and refurbished and refinished as described above.

Rudder/tiller/tiller extension. $165 + Shipping (SOLD 9/28/21)

Daggeerboard. $85 + shipping

Interested? Questions? E-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

Last edited:

Judy O.

Completely refurbished and refinished wood Sunfish parts for sale

Blades and tiller are mahogany and the tiller extension is white oak. Wood parts were sanded down to bare wood,
repaired as needed and then refiinished with 3 coats of marine varnish to a better than new finish. Bronze and brass hardware cleaned and burnished to better than new
conditiion. The rudder/tiller will fit any pre-1972 Sunfish fiberglass hull with the bronze attachment hardware.

The daggerboard will fit any fiberglass Sunfish or Minifush hull. Side handles have been glued on for added strength and refurbished and refinished as described above.

Rudder/tiller/tiller extension. $165 + Shipping

Daggeerboard. $85 + shipping

Interested? Questions? E-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
Looking for 2 pre 1972 rudders- one for boat in Upper Saranac and one for boat in LI-

Alan S. Glos

Judy O,

I only have one pre-1972 rudder/tiller assembly but I am happy to sell it to you. Let me know.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

p.s. I work at Colgate University, have been to the Colgate Camp many times and am very familiar with Upper Saranac Lake.

Judy O.

Oh that is a coincidence! This is for a boat for the former Girl Scout Camp Eagle Island on the other end of the lake... now run by former campers and staff as Eagle Island Inc. The Girls Scouts relocated all the boats when they shuttered the camp 13 years ago...so we have had some donations of boats but not all parts! So we are on the hunt to rebuild Sunfish fleet to resume a sailing program next summer! If you want to email me price etcf that would be great.
joneil@umces.edu

Alan S. Glos

Judy O,

Here is the full ad with prices. Let me know if you want to buy the rudder/tiller assembly and or thw daggerboard:

Alan Glos