old rudder

blueberry

I bought a 1969 Sunfish last year. It has an old style rudder but the brass plate under the hull to keep the rudder steady is no longer there.

Does somebody know where to buy one (new or used) or how to make a replacement? :confused:

Thank you!

Blueberry,

Send me your address, I'll send you the one off my '69 SF, no charge. I converted to the new rudder system on the boat I restored, it is the only part I have left.

I am in Canada. I'll check this week about Canadian custom and I'll get back to you. There is also someone else who will check if he has an extra plate. Thanks a lot!

Old style sunfish rudder

I have an old style Sunfish rudder, complete with all the gudgeon parts, that come off a boat donated to our club's junior sailing program which I updated so that it was interchangeable with the other sunfish. I know the old style Sunfish rudders are no longer available, so I hate to throw these pieces if someone else could use them. Would anyone be interested in these parts, or put me in touch with someone who might want them?

Bill Jaeger
[email protected]
River Rats Sailing club
Fair Haven, NJ

I purchased an older sunfish which the previous owner threw out the rudder and the one he supplied is kind of hokey--the first time we used it we were sailing away and the rudder floated out of the bracket and we started spinning in circles! Yes I am interested in the rudder parts, if they will fit onto this sunfish. Please let me know.
Thanks
Mark

Check out Tosh Custom Boatworks and he can will sell them for 59.00 finished or 39.00 unfinished. A daggerboard for 79.00 finished and 59.00 unfinished.

Back